The Samyang MF 14mm F2.8 Mk2 is an ultra-wide-angle, manual-focus lens with superb sharpness from corner to corner, even at its maximum wide-open aperture. The 115.7˚ wide angle of view is ideal for shooting landscapes, interiors, astro-photography etc. and the attached lens hood effectively blocks unwanted light.
The MF 14mm F2.8 Mk2 includes two completely new features: “Focus Lock” & “De-click”. You can lock the focus ring at a specific point, greatly improving precision and repeatability, especially useful in astrophotography and time-lapse shots. The de-clicked aperture option allows infinitely fine adjustment between F-stops. By rotating the silver ring from 'Click' to 'Free', you can adjust the aperture smoothly and precisely, to ensure exactly the right amount of light is captured.
The 9-rounded aperture blades help to achieve excellent smooth and creamy bokeh in out of focus backgrounds. The 9 aperture blades also provide clearly defined 'sunstars' when the aperture is stopped-down. Weather-sealing is located around the lens mount area to prevent infiltration of moisture and/or rain drops. This feature provides an additional layer of protection when shooting outdoors under adverse weather conditions.
Samyang 14mm F2.8 MF Mk2 - Nikon Fit
- Image Sensor size: Full frame 35mm
- Focal length: 14mm
- Maximum aperture: f/2.8
- Filter Diameter: N/A (due to fixed lens hood)
- Angle of view: 115.7 degrees (full-frame sensor), 93.9 degrees (APS-C sensor)
- Minimum focus distance: 0.28m
- Focus type: Manual, with Focus Lock
- Number of diaphragm blades: 9
- Lens construction: 14 elements in 10 groups (1 ED, 1 Asph, 1 Hybrid Asph, 3 HR)
- Dimensions (max): 87mm Dia.x 96.3mm L