Rogue Safari’s optically engineered lens focuses the light from your camera’s pop-up flash to greatly increase the available flash power at extended distances, up to 5x at 50’ distance.
To use the Rogue Safari simply insert it into your camera’s hot shoe and enable your camera’s pop-up flash. Be sure to use the Rogue Safari with a 100mm+ telephoto lens to get even illumination in your image. If you use a wider angle focal length (24-75mm), then you will see a bright spot in the center of your image where the Safari has focused the light from your pop-up flash.
Rogue Safari was designed for use with the pop-up flash geometry typical on most crop sensor DSLR cameras, and it is therefore compatible with/fits most Canon (APS-C) and Nikon (DX) DSLR cameras equipped with a pop-up flash. Please see the partial list below of compatible cameras.
Rogue Safari IS compatible with:
- Most Canon APS-C sensor DSLR Cameras, including Canon's Digital EOS and most 7 series cameras.
- All Nikon DX sensor DSLR cameras including D40, D50, D60, D70, D80, D90, D100, D200, D300, D3000, D3100, D3200, D3300, D3400, D3500, D5000, D5100, D5200, D5300, D5500, D5600, D7000, D7100, D7200, D7500.
Rogue Safari IS NOT compatible with:
- Canon 10D, 20D, 30D, 40D, 50D
- Nikon D600, D700, D800
- Sony mirrorless cameras
- Olympus mirrorless cameras
- Panasonic mirrorless cameras