The SGM-990+i is a 6" long, directional shotgun microphone with two selectable sound pick-up patterns that is designed for use with DSLR cameras, mirrorless cameras and mobile devices using the included TRRS adapter cable.
The SGM-990+i is unique in that it allows you to switch between two a "Long" and "Short" pick-up pattern. Use "Long" to focus on your sound source or pick up sound from a distance. Use "Short" for when your sound source is close or covers a broader field. Both settings will provide rejection of unwanted sound from the sides and the back.
The sound quality recorded by the built in microphone in most cameras is often very poor. The SGM-990+i is a simple and cost-effective way to improve the sound quality of your videos.
The SGM-990+i can improve the sound quality of your mobile and live streaming videos too. By using the included TRRS adapter cable, it can be made compatible with most smartphone and tablet devices on the market today.
The SGM-990+i and other Azden i-Coustics® products adhere to the CTIA/AHJ headset wiring standard.
Azden SGM-990+I Zoom Shotgun Microphone
- Zoom Shotgun Microphone for Cameras and Mobile Devices
- Directional zoom microphone w/ 2 switchable pick-up patterns
- Great for recording lectures, speeches, voice memos, interviews and more.
- Compatible with most current model smartphones and tablets
- Works with the built in video recording app on your phone or tablet
- Includes SMH-X shock mount and windscreen
- Directionality: Switchable long (super-cardioid) & short (cardioid)
- Frequency Response: 150-18KHz
- Impedance: Long: 1.7k Ohms / Short: 660 Ohms (at 1kHz)
- Microphone Type: Electret condenser
- Power Requirement: 1.5V DC (“AAA” Battery)
- S/N Ratio: Better than 40dB
- Sensitivity: Long: 55dB / Short: 72dB (at 1kHz 1V/µ bar)
- SPL (Sound Pressure Level) : 100dB